Story & Photos Provided
The State organization of Tri Kappa awarded a variety of scholarships to college students throughout Indiana this spring and has provided scholarship awards since 1914. Chapters, provinces and the state organization combined, currently give nearly $500,000 annually honoring student achievement.
Plainfield Tri Kappa Scholarship Committee Chair, Tina Hayes, is proud to announce that Rachel Jones of Plainfield, daughter of Eric and Carol Jones, is a $1,500 State Academic Scholarship recipient. Twelve Academic Scholarships were awarded throughout Indiana this spring. Criteria used by the State Tri Kappa selection committee included academic achievement, strong goals, extracurricular activities, work experience and volunteer service.
Hayes shared that Rachel will be a junior this fall at Trine University in Angola, IN where she majors in Biology. Rachel was named to the President’s List at Trine and was also named an All American Athlete. While attending college, Rachel has been actively volunteering in both her college and home communities. Plainfield Tri Kappa was proud to recommend Rachel for this scholarship.
The Plainfield Tri Kappa Chapter also provides local scholarships and is pleased to provide $15,000 this year to 12 seniors graduating this May from Plainfield High School. Plainfield Tri Kappa is able to provide these scholarships primarily as a result of community support of Plainfield Tri Kappa’s Gingerbread Christmas, which is held each year the first Saturday of December at the Plainfield High School Fieldhouse. Gingerbread Christmas is the Plainfield chapter’s largest fundraiser.
Hayes asks that you please help them to congratulate the following 2020 Plainfield High School seniors, each of whom has demonstrated through their actions and achievements their personal commitment to our ideals of charity, culture and education:
- Lucy Blake, daughter of Samuel and Erin Blake
- Danielle Cheek, daughter of Devin and Kimberly Cheek
- Lauren Coffey, daughter of William and Amy Coffey
- Mackenzie Crum, daughter of Danny Crum
- Liam Donahue, son of Colin and Gina Donahue
- Drew Egler, son of Dawn Egler
- Jeff Gowen, son of Todd and Kelly Gowen
- Alexander Kessinger, son of Kevin and Tonya Kessinger
- Grace Mathews, daughter of Tim and Kathy Mathews
- Matlyn Miller, daughter of Matthew and Jennifer Miller
- Natalie Sheets, daughter of Bryan and Melissa Sheets
- Maggie Thompson, daughter of Kurt and Amy Thompson