Towne Post Network Summer Internship
Editorial & Social Media Intern (Fishers, IN) May-August
Are you majoring in journalism, marketing, or business? The Towne Post Network is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team this summer! Core responsibilities will be to assist our editorial manager in writing and/or photography assignments, day-to-day social media management, website management, editing and more.
What You Will Do:
- Take on writing and photography assignments to be published in various magazines.
- Manage the numerous Facebook and Twitter accounts for our magazines daily by posting stories and sharing relevant content with our followers.
- Update our website daily by posting new stories, press releases and other pertinent information.
- Use AP Style to assist in editing stories for proper grammar and punctuation.
- Learn all facets of the magazine industry.
- Ability to conduct interviews and write engaging and creative feature stories.
- Strong understanding of AP Style to assist in editing assignments and writing your own pieces.
- Passionate about social media and creating/sharing engaging content for our followers.
- Knowledgeable in WordPress and SEO for website management.
- Proficient in Pages or Microsoft Word. Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills are a plus.
- Responsible, independent and diligent in completing day-to-day tasks.
This will be a paid internship with an average of 20 to 25 hours a week and $10/hour. Intern must be able to be in our offices roughly three days a week. We are looking for a motivated and responsible person to take on these tasks. This is a great opportunity to build your portfolio and have your own content printed in reputable, monthly publications while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the magazine business. You will leave with an even better understanding of content creation, social media, website management and much more.
What We Need From You:
Qualified candidates must email their resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Feb. 19. Please title the subject of your email as “Towne Post Summer Internship Application.” The start date for this position will be May 6 through Aug. 30. If you are a graduating senior in college, we can be flexible on the start date depending on your graduation date.
Please send at least three writing & photography samples of your work. Please, no phone inquiries at this time. We will contact you.
The Towne Post Network is a family-owned franchise system of hyper-local magazines with supporting websites, mobile app, social media and video production. Currently, we publish 12 Central Indiana magazines and two Kentucky magazines.
Our main office is located at 11216 Fall Creek Road, Suite 125 Indianapolis, IN 46256.