The Fishers Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a fire at the Holiday Inn, located at 9780 North by Northeast boulevard, Saturday evening at approximately 8:45 pm.

The fire began in a trash can behind the hotel, which burned through an adjacent window and filled the hotel and the attached restaurant, Bennigan’s, with smoke. The hotel and restaurant were evacuated.

A passerby was reported to have used a fire extinguisher on the burning trash can prior to the arrival of the fire department. Firefighters finished putting out the fire before it caused any major damage to the interior of the hotel, then spent approximately an hour using fans to remove smoke from the building.

No dollar loss estimate was made, and no cause of the fire has been released.

Some of guests were relocated to neighboring hotels, and Bennigan’s remained closed for the night.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Latest Fishers Stories

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Send me your media kit!

hbspt.forms.create({ portalId: "6486003", formId: "5ee2abaf-81d9-48a9-a10d-de06becaa6db" });