After more than 12 years leading the St. Vincent Foundation, Sue Anne Gilroy retired as Vice President of Development and Executive Director on June 29.
Sue Anne’s service to St. Vincent began as a Foundation Board member during her tenure as Indiana Secretary of State, when she was recruited by then St. Vincent Hospital president Patricia Maryland, PHD, Executive Vice President, Ascension, and President and Chief Executive Officer, Ascension Healthcare.
Under Sue Anne’s leadership, the Foundation’s portfolio has grown from $23 million to over $110 million, positioning itself as a valued asset to the St. Vincent strategy for growth. The Foundation has raised more than $111 million to support a plethora of St. Vincent projects and programs during her tenure including:
- St. Vincent Joshua Max Simon Primary Care Center
- St. Vincent Stress Center Dual Diagnosis Unit
- St. Vincent House
- St. Vincent Hospice Renovation
- Cardiovascular Research Institute at the St. Vincent Heart Center
- Associates Outdoor Break Area
- Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital PICU Expansion
- St. Vincent Cancer Care Navigation Program and Diagnostic Vans
- Equine Assisted Therapy and Healing Arts Programs
Nancy Frick, MDiv, CFRE, Foundation Director of Advancement, has been selected to succeed Sue Anne. The two have worked side-by-side since 2006 to create a culture of generosity at St. Vincent.