Story Provided by the Town of Bargersville Parks and Recreation Department
Photography / Town of Bargersville, Festival Country Indiana
The much-anticipated Kephart Park is now open in Bargersville! The 18-acre park, located at 3936 West County Road 144, opened to the public on Saturday, July 1. The park has something for everyone including:
- Duke Homes Pickleball Courts, consists of eight courts and bleacher seating for tournaments and between matches.
- Umbarger Family Playground is divided into two zones for ages 2 to 5, and 5 to 12.
- Ray Skillman Ford & Hyundai Splash Pad is full of water fun including geysers, sprays, water cannons and a BIG bucket.
- Newport Family Shelter and Hometown Heroes Shelter can accommodate up to 40 people.
- A trail in front of Kephart Park connects the trail on Saddle Club Road and the trail that goes to downtown Bargersville.
- A small connectivity trail to the Morningside neighborhood.
Shelter rentals are available for the 2023 season. Both shelters feature a grill and can be reserved for a full or half day.
In the future, Kephart Park will have pickleball tournaments and clinics, programs, and special events.